Dear Amanda,
One wonders just exactly how does one "break" the news that the quality of
your life is about to take
an exorable tumble; that all your bright hopes and plans are about to darken
and decline; that your financial future is limited; that the respect that
you've known is about to become suspect; that you are no longer the role
model but an albatross hung about your families neck; that the everyday
little interactions that you've had with your children is about to become
halting and limited; that you've just become a daily reminder to everyone
you have contact with that we are all mortal and that the clock is always
ticking down.  I don't know how doctors do it.  Parkinson's disease is not
the worst disease.  It gives you time to adjust to your gradual limitations.
  But I wouldn't want to tell someone they have Parkinson's disease.  I
wouldn't know how.  There's the respect that takes all the fun out of
playing doctor.

David