Ray, I'm beginning to think that you hate the word 'ethics'.

  There was an extensive article about chimeras  in the New York Times
Sunday magazine where scientists from an array of religious backgrounds
(including agnostics) were expressing reservations about how far
experimentation with chimeras has advanced.  There are problems, not the
least of which is the transfer of viruses from one species to another.  I
don't think Jim Finn would be happy to discover, for instance,  that the
fetal pig cells in his brain were causing the disintegration of his lungs
because he had acquired a pig virus along with pig cells.
------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 66/26 with PD)