Action Alert from Parkinson's Action Network

No More Time to Wait Take Action!

Call Senator Frist to Bring H.R. 810 to a Vote

Please contact Senator Frist and urge him to bring the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act (H.R. 810) to the Senate floor for a vote with no amendments and no alternatives before the anniversary of the House vote, May 24th.
As you know, there is strong bipartisan support for H.R. 810, and we are confident that the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act (H.R. 810) will be considered favorably if the bill is brought to a vote on the Senate floor. You may know that a recently released poll showed 70% of Americans support embryonic stem cell research and 70% of Americans want the Senate to vote on federal funding for stem cell research. It is also the will of over 100 million Americans who suffer from chronic and debilitating diseases and their families to see this legislation become law.

We appreciate Majority Leader Frist’s year-old statement of support for this bill, and we were so hopeful when he said that he would bring this bill to a vote last summer. Yet, too much time has passed. We are pleading with Senator Frist to listen to patients and hold a vote on this bill that will impact millions of American families just like ours. We urge Senator Frist to meet the request of the majority of the American public who support stem cell research and want this bill passed by bringing the bill to the floor as soon as possible.

Tell Senator Frist that time is not neutral for patients. As Nancy Reagan recently said in a letter urging Senator Orrin Hatch to help bring HR 810 to a vote in the Senate, “There is just no more time to wait.”

Please contact Senator Frist by phone or fax with the following message:

"Senator Frist, as a [Parkinson’s patient/caregiver/family member], I urge you to not waste another day. Please bring the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act (H.R. 810) to the floor for vote before May 24, 2006. I have waited for this vote for nearly a year since the House of Representatives passed bill and I will wait no longer. In the past year, because stem cell research has stalled I have had to deal with the following [Add your personal story here – tell Senator Frist what a year means in the life of a patient. You might highlight your accomplishments and family rites of passage as well as the impact Parkinson’s has had in your life over the past year.] Please bring up the bill and pass H.R. 810 with no amendments and no alternatives before May 24, 2006."

The telephone number for Senator Frist is 202-224-3135. That is the number to his Majority Leader office. If you are from his home state of Tennessee, or if the number is busy, you may also call his personal office at 202-224-3344.
The fax number is 202-228-1264.