I will say that my wife, Laureen, can completely stop her tremors (when in an
"off" state) through meditation.  Unfortunately, as soon as she stops
meditating the tremors return.  Thus, I would say the answer to your question
must be "Yes," but I would guess that not many of us can remain in that
extremely relaxed state while also performing daily activities.  Scott

>===== Original Message From Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
>Just to confuse the issue (sorry) - it's possible to have both.
>Is there a link to emotional state ?
>I know I shake much less when doing something I really enjoy.
>If  so, that suggests a means of partial control for some at least ?

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5200