List Members,
(N. Depew. thanks for the heads up)

In this age of instant communication, we are faced with loss of privacy in major way. One small way of combating this is to guard our E-mail address lists.  In addition to guarding our lists it is easy to send e-mail to selected Groups. If you are using Outlook Express as your e-mail application, you can do the following:

1. Open the Address Book.
2. Get the drop down list from File
3. Select new Group. A new window opens. Pick a title you like and proceed to fill the box with the names from your mail list (Contacts) from your current contact list. It can be a few or the entire list.
4. When you click on OK the name of the Group list will appear in your Contact List.

5. When you want to send a message to that Group, click on the icon that is a book at the right of the Cc: line at the top left of the header line.
6. This opens a window so you can select the addressee's
7. Select the  Group name and place it in the Bcc: line.
8. The contacts on the list will be sent the e-mail with "Recipient Undisclosed" in the header of their mail without the large list of addresses.
9. Put the normal message in the body of the e-mail and send.

That way you are being more private about your address list and avoiding the chance that some "Spammer" or other malefactor might use your list for illeagl purposes. When items are forwarded many times we have no control over who gets our e-mail address.

Another way to avoid Forwarding from placing your family and friends e-mail addresses to whomever is to cut the message from the e-mail of interest that has been forwarded many times and paste the message into a new e-mail.
Not that you want credit for authoring, that can be handled with a short note.

I use these procedures myself and find that it saves me time and even the maintenance of the Group Lists is not a lot of work. I am sure that other e-mail controllers have similar facilities.

Regards, Bill Lawless
[Post hoc, ergo propter hoc!] a logical fallacy.