Bill,   '" It's never too late "  or    should we say  "better late than
never"   ! ?
I opened my Webster's  Universal Dictionary  and this is what I read:
disease  n  an unhealthy condition in an  organism caused by infection,
poisoing, etc;  sickness, a harmful condition or situation.

Parkinsonism  n  Parkinson's disease

Parkinson's diseae  n  progressive nervous disease resulting in tremor,
muscular rigidity, partial paralysis and weakness.

You could take a vote for a new name and then try to have it changed.

My vote would be  "Parkinson's  disorder"

Good Luck!

Claire