When I had ovarian cancer at age 43-44 I liked to say that  I might have cancer but it did not have me.  After more than 10 years with PD it is hard to for me to say the same thing.  With cancer there is a beginning, middle and resolution to the problem, PD just goes on forever and gets worse.  I don't really care how someone else views me, my main concern is just getting by and avoiding being institiutalized.

Ray