I thought this would be in the Illinois Ledger, Ray  I didn't write the
headline.  Thanks Diane.

Blob can't trump life

[published on Sun, Jun 18, 2006]
To the Editor:
Stephanie Wilson does not explain why a microscopic blob of undifferentiated
cells is worth more than a living, suffering person.
"If allowed" to develop is not all it takes to get a person from an embryo.
Anti-abortionists like to confuse the issue by claiming a blastocyst is a
person or somehow a sacred entity.
If I was well, I would want all stem-cell research to go forward, but being
a ovarian cancer survivor and 10-year Parkinson's disease prisoner, I am
outraged that I have to fight not only a hideous, incurable disease, but
people such as her as well.
Rayilyn Brown
Surprise, Ariz.

Our Letters Policy: