Hi Everyone. I have been approached by a major national
company to work on a great project and I need some help!  As
a public service project, this company is planning to
produce many multiple thousand DVDs and booklets for
distribution to retailers, police departments etc...
Basically, sensitivity training on issues like dementia or
confusion and shoplifting and other legal infractions
unknowingly committed by people who are impaired.  The
education will cover ALZ, PD, MS and other disease states
that sometimes result in impaired executive function,
confusion and or dementia.  I am looking for empirical and
anecdotal evidence - data or stories of people who have been
detained by retail security or the police in situations
clearly beyond their control.  I think this is just a
wonderful project and a great opportunity to tell many
hundreds of thousands of people about a very real and
difficult problem.  Please send stories or data to me at
[log in to unmask]  If we get this done, I will
have copies of this project available to everyone at no
charge to use in your own communities.  If I haven't said it
before, this list serve is such a wonderful resource!  It is
just a wonderful gift to be able to reach out to so many
people with Parkinson's disease and build our community!
Thanks to everyone involved, and thanks in advance for any
help you can be on this project.  Meg