Just so you know about the priorities of our government:

A package of American "values" legislation pushed by Focus on the Family is on the Senate's agenda this week.  ESCR is supposed to come up after more than a year, but apparently the diseased and suffering are of little consequence when you consider these weighty and more important issues:  Please note I'm just reporting, not taking a position on 1-4. 5 really ticks me off.

1.  Issues re the flag, desecration, places it can be hung.

2.  protecting the Pledge of  Allegience's "under God" and "in God we trust" on money.

3.  protecting right of military chaplains to  pray in Jesus name.

4.  keeping gay lifestyle education out of the public schools.  they've already done the gay marriage amendment thing.

5.  of course opposing, if they get around to it,  ESCR with S2754 (ASCR) and S3504 (fetal farming) to give cover to right-wing opponents of ESCR so they won't appear so lacking in compassion when they vote no on S471.

I'm wondering why teaching creationism in science classes was left out??? or right of teachers to act as priests and lead prayers in public school.   Brownback must have other plans.

As H. L. Mencken said, when fascism comes to the US it will be wrapped in the flag carrying a cross.

Ray