Fellow PWP:
I couldn't tell what happened.  After Frist finished speaking they had a
quorum call which went silent after "Mr. Acaca", then on to a little more
business and adjournment til July 10 for their holiday.   As Don Reed
pointed out in his analysis of the 3 bills, the 2 decoys don't hurt (1) no
scientist advocates implanting blastocysts in a uterus to farm fetal cell
tissue for research. Brownback and Santorum are two deranged crackpots who
give religion a bad name. (2) the alternative therapies could run into
problems because ANT and gene biopsy don't please the entire religious
right.  of course with 810 we're still on extra IVF embryos, not SCNT.

Guess the "package" will be debated after the Senate returns from a
well-deserved rest. Then if it passes Bush will do his first ever veto.

See  Coburn notice below:

Frist, R-Tenn., planned to bring up the bill today as part of a three-bill
package. Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., intended to block the package, several
Republican and Democratic officials said.
I called Sean Tipton of CAMR and he said to stay tuned.
Ray