I have been wondering why it is so hard to email congresspersons.  Now I
know:

Access is everything in politics. For most Americans, the only access we
have to our elected representatives these days is through email. Now
Congress seems to have had enough of even that.
Recently Congressional offices began implementing a new technology, called
Logic Puzzles, that will effectively block millions of emails from the
constituents they represent. In a time when our political culture is
increasingly becoming a pay to play exercise, any limit placed on the
ability of ordinary citizens to make their voices heard is an unacceptable
threat to our democratic principles and First Amendment rights.
While not all members of Congress have implemented this new technology, many
have and many more will soon. Join us to urge Congress to reject this threat
to free speech and free assembly and make sure the people are not silenced.