Thank you ,Greg for the warm welcome. You are my first direct response. I am still learning how this all operates...I hope you are doing well today. Al is busy mounting a redfish that our grandson caught. Al has done fish taxidermy for a long time as a hobby. He had planned to do it professionally after he retired. PD took care of that. But he is still able to emjoy it for friends and family. His dyskinesia is his biggest problem right now , but he says he would rather wiggle than be stiff. Talk again later. bye, cindy

Greg Wasson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Welcome Cindy,

You and Al will no doubt receive a warm welcome from many. The folks here are friendly, caring, and knowledgable. Facing PD without a support group is an awfully lonely road. I have been diagnosed for eleven years now, and although I don't post frequently, I read the board every day for info and a sense of community. Best to you both.

Greg Wasson
dx' 95

Cindy Bystricky wrote:
My name is Cindy. My husband ,Al, was diagnosed 12 years ago withPDat the age of 54.. I am very excited to learn about this network through PDF! We do not have a local support group here and I am always interested in hearing any thing about PD. I have read everything I can find. Al was diagnosed with PD Plus by 3 neurologist. But his current Dr. doesn't think he has Plus. He has no tremor and takes meds, Mirapex, Sinemet CR, and reg. Sinemet 25/100 every 2 hours. He has some dyskinesia regardless of the dose. Al has no freezing. Some trouble swallowing. He falls , but not frequently. His speech is very hesitant and soft. He knows what he wants to say, just can't get the words to come out. I will ask you all to be patient with me. This is new to me and I hope I don't talk too much. I have been knowm to do that!!! I am also a relatively new computer user, typing for the first time in years. Thank you for allowing us to join you all in this. Bye for now, Cindy Bless

"Willy Loman never made a lot of money. His name was never in the paper. He's not the finest character that ever lived. But he's a human being, and a terrible thing is happening to him. So attention must be paid...Attention, attention must finally be paid to such a person." - Arthur Miller - Death of a Salesman