I wanted to share with those of my CASLL/Inkshed colleagues who haven't already heard (by virtue of being at STLHE or by reading Macleans magazine) that I am one of the 2006 3M Teaching Fellows.  It is a great honour, and I am delighted to be the first 3M Fellow at Mount Saint Vincent.  It is particularly important to me as recognition of my work as an Inkshedder, my plugging away at the importance of writing in all contexts and for multiple purposes.  For a few brief moments, our work was in a spotlight * and for that I am grateful to my nominator and to the 3M committee.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, I include a couple of links:
one to the 3M website, where you will find links to more information about the programme and about the 2006 Award winners,< http://www.mcmaster.ca/3Mteachingfellowships/index2.html >
and the second (if you're really curious!) to the statement of my teaching philosophy which was part of the 3M dossier < http://faculty.msvu.ca/SusanDrain/index.htm >

Thanks to all Inkshedders for being such a wonderful community.
Susan

Susan Drain, PhD
Department of English
Mount Saint Vincent University