it is apparently human nature to consider the moral
implications, as well, but it would be helpful if the
right context were being applied to the moral
implications being considered, i.e.,

1) that the embryos in question are donated to
research by the people who produced them because that
is their right and responsibility, so when one argues
against ESCR one must be arguing that they should not
have that option; and

2) that the process by which the embryos in question
are created destroys countless embryos, so if one
maintains that the destruction of an embryo is wrong
and therefore cannot occur in the context of research,
then one must also argue for a cessation of IVF - or
else one is not only a hypocrite, but one will not
save a single embryo by outlawing the option of
donating them to research, because the embryos will
continue ot be destroyed, both in the process of IVF
and by the choice of couples who do not wish to donate
to another couple - as most do not.

To consider the moral implications outside of the
reality of that context is misguided and misleading.