Dear PWP:

This AM I heard Senator Tom Coburn (R) Oklahoma refer to the ASC Cures List, 70 this time including neurological diseases.  He was the Senator holding up the compromise which will go forward next Monday and Tuesday of next week.

I called his office -  1-202-224-5754 - and got to leave a recorded message.

I emailed him and you can too if you do a search on him and click on [log in to unmask]  I told him Turner's PD had returned and its presence on the List as a succesul treatment brought into question all the other "cures" on that list and that if you believe a microscopic undifferentiated cell is a person, it shouldn't matter which is better - adult or embryonic SCs.  I told  him we need all kinds of SCR and for him to stop lying.

As you know it looks like S471 will pass but  without enough votes to override Bush's veto.  If you have not done so already I encourage you to contact your senators.

Ray