First, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Rick Everett and I am a
Parkie from Tennessee USA. I am also a Virtual Refugee from the apparent
meltdown of the BrainTalk support forums. If true, that is going to
leave a lot of vulnerable neuro patients hurting.

My first symptoms 1992 with diagnosis in 2000. Still functional 80% of
the time. I am convinced that the cure is already here but will come
from the Parkie community rather than Big Pharma. My own theory - this
week :-) - is that we are struggling with an inflammatory response to
endotoxins from bacteria such as H pylori.

I am, personally, on Day 7 of what I plan to be a six week program to
reduce my own HP colony in preparation for antibiotics in August. In
addition to the info currently being discussed, there are a series of
three papers published last Fall that we should all be aware of. Since
I'm not sure if posting lengthy abstracts here is cool or not, I'll
limit myself to the titles and links:

*1: *   Weller C, Charlett A, Oxlade NL, Dobbs SM, Dobbs RJ, Peterson DW,
Bjarnason IT.
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16104944&query_hl=22&itool=pubmed_docsum>
        Related Articles,
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Display&dopt=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=16104944&tool=ExternalSearch>
Links <javascript:PopUpMenu2_Set(Menu16104944);>
Abstract
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16104944&itool=iconabstr&query_hl=22&itool=pubmed_docsum>
        Role of chronic infection and inflammation in the gastrointestinal
tract in the etiology and pathogenesis of idiopathic parkinsonism. Part
3: predicted probability and gradients of severity of idiopathic
parkinsonism based on H. pylori antibody profile.
Helicobacter. 2005 Aug;10(4):288-97.
PMID: 16104944 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

*2: *   Bjarnason IT, Charlett A, Dobbs RJ, Dobbs SM, Ibrahim MA, Kerwin
RW, Mahler RF, Oxlade NL, Peterson DW, Plant JM, Price AB, Weller C.
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16104943&query_hl=22&itool=pubmed_docsum>
        Related Articles,
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Display&dopt=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=16104943&tool=ExternalSearch>
Links <javascript:PopUpMenu2_Set(Menu16104943);>
Abstract
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16104943&itool=iconabstr&query_hl=22&itool=pubmed_docsum>
        Role of chronic infection and inflammation in the gastrointestinal
tract in the etiology and pathogenesis of idiopathic parkinsonism. Part
2: response of facets of clinical idiopathic parkinsonism to
Helicobacter pylori eradication. A randomized, double-blind,
placebo-controlled efficacy study.
Helicobacter. 2005 Aug;10(4):276-87. Erratum in: Helicobacter. 2005
Oct;10(5):557. Bjarnason, Inguar T [corrected to Bjarnason, Ingvar T].
PMID: 16104943 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

*3: *   Dobbs RJ, Dobbs SM, Weller C, Bjarnason IT, Oxlade NL, Charlett
A, Al-Janabi MA, Kerwin RW, Mahler RF, Price AB.
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16104942&query_hl=22&itool=pubmed_docsum>
        Related Articles,
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Display&dopt=pubmed_pubmed&from_uid=16104942&tool=ExternalSearch>
Links <javascript:PopUpMenu2_Set(Menu16104942);>
Abstract
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=16104942&itool=iconabstr&query_hl=22&itool=pubmed_docsum>
        Role of chronic infection and inflammation in the gastrointestinal
tract in the etiology and pathogenesis of idiopathic parkinsonism. Part
1: eradication of Helicobacter in the cachexia of idiopathic parkinsonism.
Helicobacter. 2005 Aug;10(4):267-75. Erratum in: Helicobacter. 2005
Oct;10(5):557. Bjarnason, Ingua T [corrected to Bjarnason, Ingvar T].
PMID: 16104942 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I have no idea if  that will come through properly or not and apologize
in advance if the llatter.