Following is an excerpt from The New York Times  7-16 -

   "Senate Appears Poised for Stem Cell Showdown

  "Republicans who do not plan to vote for the bill to expand the 2001 policy say they believe that by voting for the other two, they can make a reasonable argument to voters that they support stem cell science.  Among them is Sen. John Ensign, Republican of Nevada, who said, "I think it is very defensible and I don't think it will hurt anybody."

  His time sensitive case work # for constituents is 877-894-7711
  Another phone # is 202-224-6244
  Fax # is 202-228-2193