FROM:Parkinson's Action Network

Stem Cell Vote Tuesday

Pro-HR 810 Voices Not Loud Enough Take Action!

We need every Senator’s YES vote to ensure passage.

As you know, the Senate will finally vote on HR 810 on Tuesday, July
18th, 2006.  The Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act (H.R. 810) is the
only bill that will allow scientists access to the most promising
research tools that may result in better treatments and cures for
Parkinson’s disease.

To kick off the Senate stem cell debate, there will be a press
conference on July 17th with our Senate champions in support of H.R.
810.  If you are in the Washington, D.C. area, please join us in room
138 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building on Capitol Hill at 1:30
pm.  In addition to our Senate champions, the Honorable Frank
Carlucci, PAN Board Member and former Secretary of Defense, will be a
featured speaker.  We will have “Support HR 810” posters and stickers
for your use.  If you are not in DC, you may look for coverage of the
event and the Senate stem cell debate on C-SPAN and your local news
outlets.

No matter where you live, your help is still urgently needed to make
sure that your Senators are hearing from stem cell supporters during
the debate and vote on HR 810. It is important that you e-mail your
Senators over the weekend and call their offices on Monday and
Tuesday urging them to vote yes on H.R. 810.  Every call or e-mail is
needed to make sure this bill passes, so please enlist your friends
and family to do so as well.

The next four days are our last chance to ensure that each of our
Senators is voting YES on HR 810  -- let them know that it is the
will of their constituents and the Parkinson’s community that they
support HR 810.  Let’s make sure that every Senator understands the
groundswell of support for this bill and this research in every home-
state.

TO Take Action GO to:
http://capwiz.com/pan/issues/alert/?alertid=8911541&queueid=799630386

For contact info for your Senators SEE: