Dear Mr. Turner:

On 4-24-06 you confirmed to me by  phone that your Parkinson's was back and that you thought Dr. Levesque's Phase II might be stalled due to lack of money.

Today on the Senate floor your picture was shown by Senator Brownback and he and others like Coburn, Grassley, Chambliss and Voinovich claimed (to various degrees) that people with Parkinson's were being effectively treated with adult stem cells.  Your name was even mentioned and only you can set the record straight.

I am one of those people who does not believe that microscopic undifferentiated cells are people and thinks we need ALL kinds of stem cell research if future generations are ever to escape the fate we share.  I am outraged by the misrepresentation of your condition and consequently mine as well.  Regardless of your position in this debate, don't you think a little honesty would  be a good thing?  Maybe somebody would listen to you.

Sincerely,

Rayilyn Brown
623-584-5869