Forwarded from PAN:

VICTORY in the Senate! Call the WHITE HOUSE NOW!!

H.R. 810, the Stem Cell Research Act, was passed by a strong
bipartisan vote of 63-37 in the Senate today. All of your hard work
has been recognized by the majority of our senators. This is a great
move forward in this crucial research.
Unfortunately, our work is not done. President Bush has recently
released a statement reaffirming his stance on vetoing the bill.

If a veto happens, we anticipate it happening Wednesday afternoon.
Between now and tomorrow afternoon, we must send a clear signal to
the president that a veto against this bill is a veto against the
potential of finding a life-saving cure for Parkinson’s and other
diseases.

We need your help! Please call the White House and ask that the
president reconsider his position on stem cell research. (202-456-
1414).

Mr. President,
As a [Parkinson’s patient/caregiver/family member] I strongly support
the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act (H.R. 810) and ask that you
sign the bill into law. A veto against H.R. 810 is a veto against the
possibility of finding a cure for the more than one million patients
living with Parkinson’s disease. I urge you to re-think your position
and sign the bill into law.