----- Original Message -----
From: rayilynlee
To: Arizona Republic
Cc: Judy Bailey
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:09 AM
Subject: WHY VETO A MIRACLE? BECAUSE HE CAN

Dear Editor:

As an ovarian cancer and ten year Parkinson's disease prisoner,  I am more than disappointed that President Bush has chosen to exercise his first veto to handcuff our scientists and chase them overseas to search for cures for diseases and disabilities that affect millions of people.

Despite his many privileges he is not, as everyone ought to know by now,  a very intelligent or well-educated person. He is beholden to a minority of religious extremists and maybe he really believes, as they do, that microscopic undifferentiated cells are people.  His and their actions indicate they only have compassion for potential,  not actual people.

We have an  opportunity in November here in Arizona to replace Bush clone John Kyl with Jim Pederson, who will fight for us, not against us.  Unlike Kyl, Jim Pederson supports embryonic stem cell research and has an on-line petition to that effect.  Can you really blame me for voting for hope?

Rayilyn Brown
18507 N. Windfall Dr.
Surprise AZ 85374
623-584-5869