Hi, Sherry, how old is your Daddy? It sounds to me like you may have a good PD doctor, but not the best doctor for your daddy or your family. It takes alot of working together with the Dr. to get the best results from meds. You need to be able to talk to each other about everything that is going on. You also should find a support group if possible. This care network is a very good start. In all fairness to your Dr.,everyone with PD reacts differently to the meds. Just keep on asking questions and you will eventually come up with the best "recipe" for your daddy. I have been CG for my husband for 12 years so I sure fon't know everything. But to me it sounds like a med problem. God bless you and yours, Cindy  CG for Al 66 years old/diagnosed age 54    Also , my mother was from LA I have lots of relatives there!

"(Sherry) (Bowie)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  I am a 36 year old woman from Louisiana, married with three children. My
dad was officially diagnosed with Parkinson's about two and a half years ago.
Looking back we think he probably had it for years before the diagnosis.
Until about seven months ago he was getting around (slowly). It took him a long
time to walk from point A to point B but he got there. Around Christmas he
got gout, which he has battled ever since I can remember. He started having
difficulty walking and was told to take it easy. To make a very long story
short, he got over the gout and has had very few days where he can walk. He
will go for weeks without walking (even getting to the bathroom is hard) and
then he'll have a day where he can walk all over the place. But it's always
short lived. He basically is confined to a wheelchair and his bedroom where
his chair sits right by his bed. My mom has pulled every muscle in her body
trying to pull him up, get him to the bathroom, etc... Now, he is
hallucinating, and talking crazy. He knows who we are but comes up with all this
weird stuff he thinks has happened. He's begun throwing things, even busting
out a window. If you only knew what a kind, meek man my daddy was you would
understand that this is totally opposite to how he is. He has a good
Parkinson's doctor but I don't know if he is telling us everything we should expect.
We're not sure if it's his meds that are making him do all this or if it is
part of the disease. The doctor seems to only address issues as they come
up. My mother is about to lose her sanity and my sister and I are heartbroken.
Can someone tell me if it's really a tradeoff as I heard somewhere - either
he can be mobile or sane but not both at the same time? Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks,
Sherry

sherry