i had put brig's name  on my friends prayer list. over 200 people will
be saying a prayer for brig's  complete recovery.   the both of you are
in my prayers.

Gerry you should check with 'volunteer services' at the hospital to see
if they offer 'MUSIC THERAPY'      It is absolutely  wonderful!    the
harp music  is so very soothing to the  brain!   two years ago i had
emergency back surgery [it was a 5 hour operation with a 50 / 50 chance
for success].  i was in recovery for another 6 hours.  i was in my room
almost an hour   [it was 12 midnight] when the harpist came to my room
and played this most relaxing, beautiful,    incredibly soothing music!
the second day after the op. i asked that the morphine drip be taken
away.  i didn't need it nor any other pain pills.  the operation was
successful.
good  luck
claire