Re: "Hope works like a drug". Indeed it does, and neurologists have a
responsibility to hold this out to PD folks, not in a phony way, but reality based.
Just as hope works like a drug, hopelessness projected by "experts" works like
a drag, adding to the burden PD people already carry every day of their lives.
     Educate your neurologist beyond the science they learn in medical school.
    My wife is a young-onset PWP.  I am a chaplain in a hospital setting, and
often hope is where, and how,  we live, at home and at work.

        Stephen G. Fisher