-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Scott Antes
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: H. pylori & viruses vs PD

Sorry this is so late, Maryse.  I missed this message.

Yes, of course.  All of these diseases (kuru, C-J, scrapie, Mad Cow) are
spongiform encephalopathies.  The point is that no one at the time--even
once they discovered the connection and the etiology--could put their
fingers on the agent of disease.  They chalked it off to a virus, which
is what many people do when they don't know what else to blame a disease
upon.

Scott