wonderful work on behalf of the entire community. thank you for always
giving us a sensible and sensitive voice as the world around goes crazy.

the following is a copy of CALIPSO's 1st newsletter
you can visit or join CALIPSO by going to:
www.calipso-pd.org

Newsletter · August 2006 #1

We would like for you to take a few moments of your time to read about
the new and exciting things that we have happening at our CALIPSO
website. We also would like your feedback and your ideas on what we can
do to improve our site.

*The Forum* The forum hasn’t been used yet but we would like you to know
that it is available for you to post on any subject that is relevant.
(We reserve the right to decide what is acceptable, but we are pretty
liberal!) If you have any questions about fundraising, advocacy or just
about anything, put your thoughts in the forum and someone will surely
answer.

*Text Chat*The text chat has yet to be used. So, until we figure out
where we’re going with it, Robert Delano & Joan Snyder will both be in
the chat room on Tuesdays in August (1, 8, 15, 22 &29) at 8:00 pm for an
hour-if you would like to stop by and say hello, we’ll be there.

* PD News Feeds*
Under the “Breaking News” link at the top or the “PD News Feeds” link on
the left you can get a quick overview of PD in the news. There are
currently for sites that search the web daily for any articles that have
the words “Parkinson’s Disease” in them. It’s a great tool for keeping
up with research and discoveries relating to PD. Home Pages While we
only have one homepage online so far, look for other member homepages in
the future. If you are a member and are interested in posting your
homepage, please contact us. [log in to unmask]

*SIGN THE GUESTBOOK: PLEASE! *

*Photo Album*
The Photo Album is full of Shake, Rattle & Roll-2006 snaps, but anyone
is welcome to send their photos to Robert and he will post them for you.
Contact Robert at: [log in to unmask]

*Videos*
We are extremely excited about our video “PD-It’s Not A Death Sentence;
It’s A Life Sentence.” Please, by all means, take the opportunity to
watch this flick-you’ll be glad you did!! Other videos on our website
include: “SIRA: Energy Metabolism in Parkinson's disease” and “The
Importance of Exercise in PD.” And on our LINKS page, we are happy to
direct your attention to the very excellent website of Texans for
Advancement of Medical Research (TAMR) and their video: “Regenerative
Medicine: Pathways to Cures.” Look for new videos in the future.

*Upcoming Events*
On Saturday, September 9th, a group of us from Calipso will be attending
the Democratic Unity Dinner to be held in Springfield, IL at the Crown
Plaza Hotel. Joan has been invited to speak on behalf of Phil Hare, the
man endorsed by Congressman Lane Evans to fill his vacancy when he
retires at the end of this term.

…more about the Unity Dinner with pictures and a speech transcript in
next edition

--
Joan Blessington Snyder   54/16
www.calipso-pd.org