The Bushies make the old "robber barons" of the 19th century look like pikers.  I am an old former Republican who "got it" 5 years ago.  When will the rest of you wake up?  We can just kiss cures goodbye.
Ray

Newsweek
August 7, 2006 issue - An effort by Dick Cheney to prod Alaska lawmakers to approve a controversial $20 billion natural-gas pipeline project has misfired amid charges from some legislators that the veep was seeking to benefit major energy-company interests. In a highly unusual intervention in a state dispute, Cheney recently wrote Alaskan legislative leaders urging them to "promptly" enact a bill that would allow three giant oil companies-British Petroleum (BP), ConocoPhillips and ExxonMobil-to build a massive pipeline from Prudhoe Bay on the state's North Slope through Canada to the upper Midwest. Under a proposed contract negotiated by Alaska Gov. Frank Murkowski, the firms would get major tax breaks-an unpopular move at a time when all three are reporting soaring profits.