That's a subject that has been discussed in years past, you might want to check the archives. In fact, one of the contributors to this list tried it and may still be.

Jann. former caregiver to Jack, 79 years old, diagnosed 1998

----- Original Message ----
From: joan dykstra <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:11:52 AM
Subject: ayerveda for Parkinson's ?

Do any of you have experience with trying Ayurveda as a Parkinson's
treatment?  I'm going to give up my Mirapex and try mucuna puriens.
The Mirapex is beginning to cause hallucinations and digestion problems.
At least, that's our best guess.
Please share what you know about mucuna (Kaunch).
Thank you.
Joan Dykstra