I would first like to say that I hope you find this list as helpful and
informative as I have.  My dad, age 66, was diagnosed about 5 and a half  years
ago, although looking back we think he had it for years.  Before this  diagnosis
this man was healthy as a horse.  The first symptom we noticed  was his
handwriting.   We always kidded him about it because he was a  sloppy writer but it
began shrinking.  Then he would stand at the checkout  stand at the grocery
store and have to concentrate harder to sign his  name.  Until recently he
never had tremors except for one of his legs kind  of jerked every once and a
while.  This was most pronounced when he would  drive, which he no longer can.  Of
course his symptoms have progressed over  the years.  He has good days and
bad ones.  Sometimes its good weeks  and bad weeks.  He has been confused and
hallucinating for a while which  the doctor says is medicine related.  He is
working with the dosages to try  and ease these symptoms.  He recently fell and
broke his hip and is  recovering from that in a rehab facility.  Of course his
confusion is much  greater than normal due to being in a different atmosphere.
 He has mood  swings and has been "crazy" at times.  It is my mother that I
now worry  about.  She isn't handling it well at all.  I'll write more about
her  later.  I really need anyone who can to offer suggestions for handling
her.  Got to take my son to school....he missed the bus.

sherry