Hello,Lynn. My name is Cindy. My husband ,Al, has had PD for 12 years. You mentioned that you have had PD for 3 years. I am surprised to hear that you are on Sinemet. Most of the newly diagnosed pwp that I know are started out on dopamine agonists at first and Sinemet comes later. Have you aalready tried this? When Al started on meds, it was Sinemet and Eldepryl, there weren't alot of the agonists out there then or at least the neuro we went to didn't think anything worked like Sinemet. When Al seemed not to get the benefit from Sinemet that he should, he was started on Mirapex. It was great! I realize there are alot of people who can't take Mirapex but there are other good agonists out there. Good luck with everything....find a support group if you can. Meanwhile, welcome to our "family"! Cindy CG for Al 66 years old/54 years old when diagnosed/53 when symptoms first shown

"[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:   Hi Lynn,
Welcome to the Parkinsn List. I'm sure different people will have
different replies to you about medication. Depends a lot on what you
are taking and for how long. Most people find Sinemet becomes more
unpredictible in how well and for how long it is effective, after
taking it about 5 years or so. And it can vary from day to day, even
hour to hour. If you do not feel like your meds are working though
you should talk to your neuro about it. Frequently adjustments may be
needed.
Welcome again and hope you will find this list helpful.
Linda Herman

-- ROBERT PITTS wrote:

Hello, my name is Lynn. I was diagnosed with PD 3 years ago. I
found this
group when I was looking up some information on PD. I
Am hoping to get some helpful feedback from others who also have the
disease

How is the medication working for others? It doesn't seem to help me
much.
Should it make the tremors quiet down completely?
I'm sure I will have lots of other questions, but they will come
later.
Thanks in advance......Lynn

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]