Sounds exactly like my father-in-law. His memory loss started in his early 70's. It got worse through the years ,his health was excellent unti he fell at age 95, broke his hip and lived 6 weeks. The doctors called it multi-infarct dementia( a softening of brain tissue caused by numerous and sometimes imperceptible small strokes). He never failed to dress himself every day, perfectly, never missing a single button, but couldn't talk about anything but the distant past. The brain is a strange thing! Cindy CG for Al 66/54/53

Amanda Phillips <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Is the short-term memory loss necessarily Parkinson's-related ?
My mother (83), who doesn't have PD has trouble that way after a couple of
small strokes. Looking back, we realised she'd probably had others no-one
noticed -a moment's blankness /confusion can be the only sign. (She can however
describe in massive detail her wartime experiences.)