Just to second Kathryn's suggestion about Hjortshoj's "Understanding
Writing Blocks."  I especially liked his emphasis on the fact that
*good* writers and conscientious students (and teachers) are just as
likely as (perhaps even more likely than) weaker writers to have
writing anxiety and writing blocks because they care so much about
what they're doing.  In other words, it's a natural and inevitable
part of completing any major writing task--and he gives excellent
suggestions for working through it.

We're waiting to hear if our recommendation for the creation of a new
university-wide writing centre will be funded--until we hear, it
seems premature to encourage anyone to look at the report and
recommendations we (the University of Alberta Writing Task Force) put
together (since we don't know yet if all our work will come to
anything).  But you're welcome to take a look at
http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/wtf/index.htm
Let me know if anything there proves useful.
Bets, Betsy