Miriam:  Good luck.  My experieince last year in a course entitled "Seminar in University Teaching" would lead me to believe that your form of student writing anxiety may be part of a sub-set of student anxities.  We also discussed professorial anxities, but then is probably too broad.  I do recall that the seminal text on how-to-teach, in a university setting, was McKeachie's [sp] Teaching Tips.  It may be too basic for your needs, it does touch on writing, but again it positions nicely the dilemma in how to assist students in presenting their best efforts.

  Best regards,

  Michael Ryan
  MA Candidate,. SLALS, Carleton

[log in to unmask] wrote:
  Dear Inkshedders,
I'm currently involved in a research project at McGill that is looking
at the impacts of issues related to writing anxiety on student
performance, and what can be done to help deal with these impacts.
We've started by doing some interviewing here at McGill, but our time
and resources are limited. Do any of you have any information either
from your institutions or from research that you've read that reflects
a relationship between reading and writing skills and things like
drop-out rates, completion times, etc.? Also, can any of you recommend
any studies or reports (again, from your own institutions or elsewhere)
that have been useful in the constant battle for resources for writing
centers (including getting a writing center started)?
Any insights would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Miriam

http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/