Marcy,

Inkshed 24 will be held in London, ON May 3-6 at Huron University
College at Western. We're in the process of finalizing accommodations,
but there will be a range including approximately $40/night for a single
dorm room and $106 at Windermere Manor
(http://www.windermeremanor.com/). The conference will be held in
London, and we are planning a trip to Stratford Festival on the Saturday
night. Meals will run approximately $40/day, and the registration fee
will be $75 with a lower fee for graduate students and underemployed.

Here is the call for papers:

     Alternative Discourses and Disciplinary Codes: Cataloguing,

     Challenging, and Reflecting on Reading and Writing Practices

What is the place of alternative discourses in the academy? How do they
contribute to learning? When and where do alternative discourses
conflict with disciplinary codes and communities of practice? And when
does this conflict become transgressive and a violation? Are one
discipline’s codes another discipline’s transgressions?

We invite you to submit proposals for presentations that take these and
other questions about writing and learning that is alternative to
disciplinary codes, exemplary of disciplinary codes, or seen as
transgressions against these codes. Presentations that help define just
what constitutes disciplinary codes and practices would also help
identify what counts as alternative and what counts as transgressive.

Inkshed has always been a “working” conference that encourages
alternative, if not completely transgressive, presentations. We
encourage group presentations; demonstrations; activities; and
imaginative or creative readings. Participants are strongly encouraged
to “Inkshed” or respond in writing to presentations and to share these

For more information, contact the Inkshed 24 Organizing Committee
(Heather Graves, Theresa Hyland, and Roger Graves) c/o Roger Graves
([log in to unmask]; 519-661-2111x85785).

I hope that gives you enough to go on until we get more of the details
pinned down.

Roger