Dear friends,
I organize a K'zoo session each year on libraries and archives,
sponsored by the CARA committee of the Medieval Academy.  The session is
intended to provide practical information for graduate students and
young scholars: for this year's conference the topics are TNA/PRO and
the British Library.  My plan is two speakers for each archive, one
talking about 'what you need to show up with' (passport? letter from
supervisor/chair? passport-sized photo? brief outline of proposed
research? what you can take into the search rooms, etc etc), the other
person talking about accessing the collections (indexes, catalogues, etc
etc).  Very recent experience is a good idea, since both of these
archives (esp TNA) changes very frequently at the moment.  I'd be
grateful of any volunteers!  I'll do the TNA 'what you need' one myself,
so I'm looking for three other people.  This counts as a roundtable
discussion, so it does not prejudice your ability to give a paper in
another session.
David

--
David N. Klausner, Professor of English and Medieval Studies
Centre for Medieval Studies, University of Toronto

"Of all noises, I think music is the least disagreeable."
                    Samuel Johnson