I found this quote in an anti-ESCR piece, but after reading "Kingdom Coming"
and "The Baptizing of America" I concur with authors Michele Goldberg and
Rabbi James Rudin respectively, that the Christocrats are winning and you
can give up all hope for a cure for Parkinson's and other diseases.  One of
my non-suffering relatives just gave me a lecture on the medieval idea that
suffering brings you closer to God.  There is a war on science and we are
its casualties.  Ray

In a piece entitled "Bush's God" published in the American Prospect (which
he has since revised for its website), former Clinton labor secretary Robert
Reich originally wrote: "The conflict of the 21st century will not be
between the West and terrorism ... The true battle will be between modern
civilization and anti-modernists; between those who believe in the primacy
of the individual and those who believe that human beings owe their
allegiance and identity to a higher authority; between those who give
priority to life in this world and those who believe that human life is mere
preparation for an existence beyond life; between those who believe in
science, reason, and logic and those who believe that truth is revealed
through Scripture and religious dogma. Terrorism will disrupt and destroy
lives. But terrorism itself is not the greatest danger we face."