Pam, Al is 66 and was diagnosed 12 years ago. He also has alot of pain. I think it is largely due to the muscles he twists and stretches during dyskenesia(this is a major problem for him). But the neuro also said Al will have nerve pain. He has shooting pain in his neck and back. This has been so bad at times , he could not sleep. He started taking his antidepressant at night, before bed and also takes 300mg of neurontine for the nerve pain. It has worked very well. Dr. says his pain upon waking is due to the stiffness and this makes sense becouse when his morning meds kick in alot of the pain subsides. And you are right, some of this pain is just "old age" pain.  Good luck with finding help.  Cindy CG for Al 66/54/53

MyFirstname Mylastname <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  I rarely post but read everything that is posted on this list. I was
always healthy until recently and it seems like I am constantly going to
the doctor, but I think that is part of the aging process. I was
diagnosed with Parkinsons at age 50 and am 65 now. Lately I seem to have
a lot of pain. It really started when I bent over to pick something off
the floor. I attributed that to old age; however, I seem to hurt all the
time. I wake up at night and I hurt all over. Many times I get up and
take something for the pain but then I can never get back to sleep. I am
wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem. Would appreciate your
suggestions and comments.
Pam