Bill,
I know of a few people who had DBS performed at the Cleveland Clinic,
who were satisfied with their treatment. You are wise to be checking
into this ahead of time. The success rates among neurosurgeons and
hospitals vary. Also important is finding a skilled and experienced
person to do the adjustments

For more information you might also check out
http://www.dbs-stn.org/
This organization was founded by Margaret Tuchman, who is a great
person and PD advocate. A speech given by Margaret at a Patients DBS
Panel discusses the positivies and negative aspects of the surgery
and what types of research and enhancements to the treatment still
needs to be done.
http://www.dbs-stn.org/articlesdetails.asp?ID=22

Linda

-- "William P. Taggart" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
CHOOSING A SURGEON TO INSERT DBS FOR PD ?

Has anyone have any suggestions, ideas or resources for finding the
best
surgeon to install a DBS unit in my head?

I've been told I'll be a good candidate for this procedure.  However,
as
I begin to look into it I'm finding a lot of newcomers who seem to be
"getting into the business".  Even some small hospitals are claiming
competence.

I still have plenty of time but I'm starting to work on it now while
time is still on my side.

Any ideas or suggestions will be gratefully accepted....   :=).

ATB,    Bill

To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
mailto:[log in to unmask]