For the record, from my internet sources, Amantadine IS an antiviral, but it is also described as a both a mild dopamine agonist and a drug that "stimulates the release of available dopamine in the brain thereby improving symptoms." As such if it works... use it and perhaps I' ve been lucky regarding side effects (particularly no red/purple blotching on the skin), but the prospect of some flu and other viral protection is a plus for me and with PD it is important to look on the positive side!
On a lighter note, I find there are only positive side effects to my yoga exercises.