Bill:
I am 59 and was diagnosed with mild onset of PD about a year ago. My neuro, who describes himself as a minimalist, (meaning I think he prescribes only what is absolutely necessary) started me on Amantidine when I said I really wanted something to assist with my slowing gait and stiffness of movement. Amantidine is a dopamine agonist, meaning I think that it helps or encourages what dopamine is being produced to 'go  a little further' or work a little better. For me it seems to help somewhat with relatively few side effects. I find doing yoga exercises also helps me to relax and reduce some muscle stiffness.
Hope this helps.
Terry