Sheila, welcome to the PD list.  There is a CARE list that addresses
caregiver issues - an invitation to that list is regularly posted here.

My husband also initially had drug induced PD.  Unfortunately, he eventually
developed Parkinson's at the age of 40 (he is now 66).

I *suspect* that people who develop Parkinsonian symptoms that continues
after the affecting drug is removed probably had low Dopamine levels to
begin with and are headed for the full blown disease.  I don't think there
are any studies out there that would prove that suspicion, however.

Please consider going to the PIEN site:
www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/

Go to the search engine and type in contraindicated drugs.  Make sure the
people who are medicating your husband have a list of those drugs.
Unfortunately, the medical community is not familiar with drugs that are
contraindicated in PD and actually contribute to making PWP (people with
Parkinson's) worse by prescribing them.

Good luck
--------
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 66/26 with PD)