Well, now I gotta see "V for Vendetta"  That was a good site  - thank you so
much!!
----- Original Message -----
From: "archier" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: Gunpowder Plot

Hey Ray

This has some very good info about the plot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_Plot   Don't miss Guido's signature
-- the British government claimed at the time he had not been tortured.

The plot lives on in modern culture.   The recent movie "V for Vendetta"
features a character who wears a "Guy Fawkes" mask who ultimately
accomplishes what Fawkes failed to -- blowing up the English Parlaiment
building.  The movie was scheduled to be released on the 400th Anniversary
of Fawkes' plot.   Unlike in the actual plot, Parlaiment is empty when V
destroys it.   This all takes place in "the future" and the film makes some
pretty blatant allusions to our current Prez.

The second line of T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men" poem also refers to the plot:

Mistah Kurtz—he dead.

      A penny for the Old Guy