Please see the Action Alert below from PAN about saving funding
for a very important PD research program in the Defense Department --
the Neurotoxin Exposure, Treatment and Research Program (NETRP).
Please contact your Senators and Representatives by Friday and ask
them to sign the Dear Colleague letter in support of this funding.

To read the letter and see a list of Representatives and Senators who
have already signed on, go to:
http://www.parkinsonsaction.org/content/view/238/3/

If yours' hasn't signed the letter yet, please send an email through
the PAN web site - just click on "Take Action" - or call their office.
FWD: from Parkinson's Action Network

URGENT - Help Needed to Save Parkinson’s Disease Research Program
Take Action!

Ask Your Legislators to Sign the NETRP Dear Colleague Letter by
September 15!

This is the final chance for your Senators and Representatives to
save our Parkinson’s disease research program at the Department of
Defense – the Neurotoxin Exposure Treatment Research Program (NETRP).

As you know from previous action alerts, the House allocated $26.5
million for NETRP Parkinson’s disease research funding. However, the
recently completed Senate bill does not provide ANY funding for
critical NETRP Parkinson’s disease research. The next step is for
House and Senate defense subcommittee members to meet in conference
committee to work out the differences between the two versions of the
bill.  The conference committee is expected to meet shortly.

We need to send our strongest message that this program is important
to the Parkinson’s community by getting as many Members of Congress
as possible on the NETRP Dear Colleague letters. We need many more
House and Senate signers for these letters to have the weight and
importance needed to protect the program during the conference
committee.

Please help protect this important Parkinson’s disease research
program by asking your Senators and Representatives to support the
NETRP Dear Colleague letters that are being circulated by the
Congressional Working Group and Caucus on Parkinson’s Disease. The
deadline for these Dear Colleague letters is Friday, September 15th.

We need your immediate help to save this important program. Take
action now and ask your Representatives and Senators to sign the
NETRP Dear Colleague letters this week!
www.parkinsonsaction.org