From: Samm Simpson
To: Diane Wyshak
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 5:48 AM
Subject: Re: Voters With Disabilities

Hi Diane.  I agree 100 percent and will fight for stem cell research.
Here's a little something I wrote in response to a question about it.

I strongly disagree with President Bush's decision to veto of stem cell
research and funding bill.  It's tragic that his staunch compassion for the
unborn is not translated into children who would benefit from Head Start, or
young people without health care or fully furbished public schools, single
mothers struggling with a minimum wage, seniors falling into a donut hole,
thousands who remain displaced from Katrina, Veterans who are subject to
depleted uranium in a war based on lies or individuals who are tortured by
the CIA in black sites in Eastern Europe or North Africa.
In 2003, according to a Rand Corporation survey, parents had given explicit
permission for over 11,000 frozen embryos to be used for research. But a
policy imposed by President Bush in 2001 forbade federally funded scientists
from utilizing this opportunity.
It's now 2006 and President Bush has satisfied his Christian Right
supporters with a bill that may appear on the surface to be morally correct,
but it truth, it rings with hollow piety.   If an embryo is scheduled for
destruction, and the donors of these cells give permission, what better
opportunity do we have to have robust scientific research that could
potentially help thousands of individuals suffering from debilitating
diseases?
blessings to you.  ''

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2335036035230286590&hl=en

Ms. Samm Simpson
Grandmother and Democratic Candidate for Congress
 Truth is our Weapon.  Change is our Choice.
http://www.sammsimpsonforcongress.com
Paid for and approved by Samm Simpson, Democrat, for U.S. Congress,
Florida's District 10.