Anecdotal is sometimes all it takes.......

I experienced compulsive spending behaviors for 4 years on a drug trial
(never asked about behavior by my neurologist).  I stopped taking the drug
because of sleep attacks.......and then in hind sight recognized the compulsive
spending behavior.....and that the daily shopping had ended with  the stopping of
the drug.

HOWEVER.......I have been taking Sinemet (levadopa/carbidopa) for 14 YEARS
and have no major side effects from this drug.  I have NEVER experienced
dyskinesias......I am not considering DBS at this time.

So, 5 years is not the critical time for levadopa therapy to be maxed out  in
our systems.

Rita Weeks