Now, I don't nor have I ever smoked pot, but those that choose to do so
don't put a cramp in my style.  This is especially true if it is used for
medicinal purposes.  And now there's some research that says that Pot
smoking keeps Alzheimer's at bay..  I figure if pot smoking helps memory in
Alzheimer's, it just might help with PD memory and cognitive problems.
Peggy

Check out the article in part below:
"WASHINGTON, (Reuters) -- Good news for aging hippies: Smoking pot may stave
off Alzheimer's disease.

New research shows that the active ingredient in marijuana may prevent the
progression of the disease by preserving levels of an important
neurotransmitter that allows the brain to function.

Researchers at the Scripps Research Institute in California found that
marijuana's active ingredient, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, can
prevent the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from breaking down more
effectively than commercially marketed drugs.

. . . .

The researchers said their discovery could lead to more effective drug
treatment for Alzheimer's, the leading cause of dementia among the elderly.
 . . . . .

Possessing marijuana for recreational use is illegal in many parts of the
world, including the United States, though some states allow possession for
medical purposes."

For full article, visit CNN.com Title of article "Marijuana may stave off
Alzheimer's" Oct. 4, 2006