They can have all the strict views that they want - the laity, including a
large number of priests, have examined the teachings of the Church and have
decided, based on examination and study, what is best for them.  As we are
all sadly aware, the Vatican hasn't firmly addressed the sins within the
ranks of the priesthood or the hierarchy, leaving the laity to rely on the
teachings of Christ to guide them.
--------
Mary Ann
www.bentwillowfarm.org