Gerry. you might benefit from joining the CARE list.  We discuss these kinds
of issues and some have found caregiving techniques that help to alleviate
at least some of the stress.

It is difficult to see someone you love become dependent and not as
responsive.  Perhaps in time, Brig will regain some of his past personality
once the UTIs are effectively treated.  Jamie has gained more ground over
the past week, which pleases me.
-----------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 67/27 with PD)
www.bentwillowfarm.org
 Since Brig had the fall, and he tore out the catherer in hospital, he has
had 4 severe UTI infectiions.  The fall combined with the infections have
left him so confused, I don't know my own husband.  He was termporarily in a
nursing home, I brought him home to try and help him.  I am having no
success, it is a horrible realization to see this virile man who has
suffered since he was 46, finally come to this state. With that vacant
look(as though he is looking right through you), as well, we are both
frustrated.