The Libertarian challenger for Wyoming's lone U.S. House seat says Rep.
Barbara Cubin offended him by uttering a slur related to his physical
disability.

Thomas Rankin said Cubin approached him after a campaign debate on Sunday
and said, "If you weren't sitting in that chair, I'd slap you across the
face."

The Cubin campaign did not deny the remark, but a spokesman for the six-term
congresswoman said Rankin started the exchange.

"He misrepresented her and insulted her integrity during the debate," Cubin
spokesman Eric Cullen said, reading from a prepared statement....

"There's no way to undo what she has done," he said. "That shows her
insensitivity to people with disabilities."
He started it? That's her response?

More from Jackson Hole Star Tribune
Rankin said he wanted Cubin to resign over the incident.

"The best response Barbara Cubin could give would be a resignation," he
said. "Nothing less than that would satisfy me.

"She is not the type of person Wyoming residents want representing them," he
said.